Skip to main content

Elf On A Shelf

 A few years ago we decided to adopt a family elf and our boys think he is the absolute coolest! They named him "Elfie," I know, very unique right? ;) To be entirely honest it was much easier when they were younger to have Elfie around because I only moved him every couple of days, and I think there was a time he might've moved weekly LOL!



Now that Cayden and Coby are older and their friends have elves who do cool things (they have awesome parents who aren't as forgetful as I am and who are way more creative than I am, haha) I am trying to be better about remembering to move him each night in December! This time of the year is crazy busy and stressful for everyone, so I have come up with some ideas that I am hoping will help everyone who has an elf as much as it helps us!
    #1 It doesn't have to be fancy

I have to admit I used to drive myself crazy spending WAY too much time looking for the perfect idea for our elf, but at the end of the day my boys could care less about that. They just want to see what he's up to, and if he told Santa they were good or not! Get creative, look around your house and see what you already have that you can use!

                                                

                                                

#2  Cheap + Easy props

 

I absolutely LOVE supporting small businesses, and so many of them have great affordable options for elf props. One of my favorite small businesses, Samantha Design CO, has the cutest Elf postcards and little idea chips I am using this year, and they are so easy and fun! I will attach the link to her shop at the bottom, where you can shop all of her awesome wooden goodies!

                                                     

                                           

In years past I have ordered little cookies and goodies from local bakeries and small businesses and they also make for a fun and yummy surprise from Elfie! The boys love tic-tac-toe so this cookie was fun! They played a few games before eating it! I got this and other goodies from Pink Lily Treats!

                                                    

#3 It's ok to forget

There have been many mornings where the boys have come and found me saying "Elfie didn't move" and  I usually say "maybe one of y'all did something you weren't supposed to do, or touched him" or "well maybe that means he is really tired from helping Santa at the North Pole or busy planning his next move." A note from Elfie can always back this up!

#4 Pinterest is your Best Friend

Use Pinterest! There are so many good ideas on there, and thankfully my friends know Elfie is big in our home so they send me any ideas they find, which is a huge help to me! 

                                                 

#5 Repeat their favorites

As a boy mom, everything involving the bathroom is funny to our boys. One year Chris found the idea where Elfie plays in the bathroom and uses toothpaste and leaves chocolate chips on their toothbrushes, and they have never forgotten it. Each year they say "I wonder if Elfie will do that again," so we try and do that for at least one of his visits each year. It is always a huge hit!

                                                         

#6 Have fun with it

The most important thing about having an elf is simply having fun with it! We only get so many years for all of the fun things we can do while they still believe, so enjoy the laughs and the magic your elf can bring! Take pictures and capture the memories, they are so fun to look back on!

                                                  


Last year after my Annual Ladies Christmas party I was trying to think of what to do with our elf for the next morning and I remembered my sweet friend Nancy, who owns the cutest balloon shop on Etsy, sent us an elf balloon. I decided to use him, and told the boys Elfie was dusted with some "Christmas magic" and grew life size for the day! They were so amazed, Hudson wasn't quite sure what to think, as this balloon elf was the same size as him! I will attach the link below where you can purchase cute Christmas balloons from Nancy's shop! 

                                                     


If you have any fun ideas, send them my way! I absolutely love seeing all of the creative ideas!


Shop Small

Balloons:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/girlygifts07?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=863054333&section_id=30971634

Wooden Goodies:

https://theoldecountrycupboard.myshopify.com/

Elf treats + freeze dried goodies:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064125696288

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pink Stork Fertility & Pregnancy Routine!

  If you know me, you know I absolutely LOVE Pink Stork! I discovered Pink Stork when I was in the hospital having Hudson. I was researching a postnatal, and saw a friend share them and the pink everything immediately caught my eye!  With my previous two boys, I always finished whatever prenatal vitamins I had leftover after pregnancy. This time I decided to try a postnatal, and I am SO glad I did! I clicked on the Total Postnatal on the website and immediately read the reviews, and knew this was the product for me! To this day, it is still my favorite Pink Stork product, as it changed my postpartum period for the better, tremendously! I was so amazed how much better I felt, and how much quicker I healed after my third delivery! From that day forward, I was hooked on Pink Stork, and when Hudson turned a year old I got the opportunity to work for them, which has been the biggest blessing! I often get asked what supplements I am taking, so I wanted to share for anyone who is interested!

New York City

 If you know me, you know I LOVE to travel! One of my favorite cities to visit, is New York City! My Mom, brother and I decided on a last minute weekend trip, and it was the absolute best weekend ever! One thing I love about the big apple, is that there is SO much to do! There's every great restaurant you can think of, Broadway shows, entertainment and more! When I travel to other places I like to eat all the things, and always try to make a list of things I want to accomplish while I am there! In my opinion, a weekend in New York is a perfect way to see and do many different things, you just need to plan it out! Pinterest is my go-to! I made a list of things I wanted to make sure we did, and to my surprise, we knocked out everything on the list! This trip we stayed at Dream Midtown, which is conveniently located walking distance to most of the things we wanted to do. For things that were further away, we just took an Uber! Inside the hotel there is the  PHD Terrace at Dream Midtow

Savannah GA

 One of my FAVORITE places to visit with my husband and friends is Savannah, Georgia! We get to visit about once a year and it is always so much fun! If you ever get to visit, you must check out some of my favorite places to eat + shop! Every single time I've been for a visit, at some point in the trip, we have eaten lunch or dinner at Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons Restaurant. I am a country girl who loves home-cooked meals, and this is just that! It's a must to order the fried chicken, and you can't eat there without the cheddar biscuits and OOEY GOOEY BUTTER CAKE! Just thinking of it makes me hungry! Prior to Covid it was a buffet, now it is still buffet style but you pick your options and they bring them out and keep refilling throughout your meal! If you are looking for a good brunch spot, Goose Feathers Cafe' & Bakery is a great option! We tend to beat the crowd and order it to go so we can enjoy it without the long wait!  The first ever Mellow Mushroom