Skip to main content

New York City

 If you know me, you know I LOVE to travel! One of my favorite cities to visit, is New York City! My Mom, brother and I decided on a last minute weekend trip, and it was the absolute best weekend ever!



One thing I love about the big apple, is that there is SO much to do! There's every great restaurant you can think of, Broadway shows, entertainment and more! When I travel to other places I like to eat all the things, and always try to make a list of things I want to accomplish while I am there! In my opinion, a weekend in New York is a perfect way to see and do many different things, you just need to plan it out!

Pinterest is my go-to! I made a list of things I wanted to make sure we did, and to my surprise, we knocked out everything on the list!


This trip we stayed at Dream Midtown, which is conveniently located walking distance to most of the things we wanted to do. For things that were further away, we just took an Uber!




Inside the hotel there is the PHD Terrace at Dream Midtown! This is such a fun atmosphere, there's two different patios outside that overlook the city, and there's a few different spots to hang out, from the front entrance you go down a hallway of flowers to the other side that's all lit up and so pretty! 



We checked into our hotel on Friday afternoon, and let the adventure begin! Our first stop was Times Square!



"Cue the music, Welcome to New York by Taylor Swift" Just kidding, well kind of! People always laugh when I tell them, but this really is my favorite spot in NYC! I LOVE the atmosphere, the lights, the sounds and I literally could sit for hours and just people-watch! Something about this spot just feels magical to me! ;)

After Times Square that evening we ate dinner at an Irish Pub, and ended up going to see a movie! Our family always enjoys going to the movies, even on vacay!

Saturday morning we started the day out with Liberty Bagels, "Home of the rainbow bagel," and it was so yummy! I had the famous rainbow bagel with bacon, egg, cream cheese & avocado with fresh squeezed orange juice, my mom had the rainbow bagel with Oreo cream cheese, and my brother had the blueberry bagel with blueberry cream cheese, and I have to say, all were equally amazing!



They have all kinds of cream cheese, it was tough to decide what to try!







This is a must do if you are ever in the big apple! I had people ask where I found this place, I went on TikTok and looked up the best bagel places in NYC and narrowed down the search and we decided on this one!

After breakfast we headed to Central Park, this is my next favorite place in NYC! We got so lucky, we had beautiful weather this day! We decided to do the bike tour so we could explore it faster as we had lunch reservations at Carmines!




Our tour guide was awesome, he took us to all of the spots and made it so much fun!


CARMINES
We made reservations the week before at the famous Carmines Restaurant! It's known for it's family style Italian food! One entree literally feeds anywhere from 2-4 people!




After lunch we went to Madame Tussauds New York! This place filled with wax celebrities was simply amazing!





Pictures do not do these wax celebs justice, they look so real it's crazy! 







There are floors and different scenes and areas filled with them, and the craziest thing is, the way they have them setup, you think you are in a room filled with people and realize most of them aren't human! They even have a scary movie floor, it was the creepiest! When you look at  the figures closely, they even have veins and wrinkles, so interesting!

Rockefeller Center was the next stop!




When I visit here I like to walk over to The LEGO® Store Fifth Avenue & FAO Schwarz to get souveniers for the boys!




If your kids are with you whenever you go, or if you are looking for a little special something to take back home to them, I highly suggest stopping by these places!

The next stop was the Museum Of Ice cream!





I think Mom and I both agreed this was our favorite! It was a BLAST! Not only did we get to eat a ton of delicious ice cream and other freshly made treats,  but the whole aesthetic was pink and so fun!
I have to say, sliding down the slides, and the sprinkle pool at the end was fun even as an adult!








https://www.tiktok.com/@chaos_and_coffey/video/7199130783695686958?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id=7163766433692010026

On Sunday we slept in, and the first place we stopped was for lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Times Square






 
We enjoyed the food and loved being able to watch everything going on in Times Square while we ate!

Next we went and visited The Statue of Liberty on a boat tour! 







Afterwards we went and explored the Brooklyn Bridge and surrounding area!





We went and saw The National September 11 Memorial & Museum.






We also got to see The Oculus at The World Trade Center!
















We ended the day at Junior's for a slice of New York's Best Cheesecake!








There are so many things to do in NYC! While we accomplished everything on our list this trip, I am already working on my list for the next time we go back! If you have any other recommendations, or things I might've missed, please let me know!


As always, thank you for following along on my journey!

XOXO, Hailey Coffey 

 














Comments

  1. Wow you covered a lot! Looks like some great recommendations and that hotel looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! I've always wanted to go to the Museum of Ice Cream! It looks like so much fun. I'm glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You will love it! It’s so much fun!😍

      Delete
  3. You definitely accomplished a lot on your trip to NYC. So much to see there, I feel like I can go hundreds of times and still not see it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! The options are endless! There’s so much to do!🍎

      Delete
  4. Great post! I grew up right outside NYC and these are absolute staples! Makes me wanna go back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a really fun time! - a fellow New Yorker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NYC has been on my bucket list for forever! Thanks for sharing so many great places in NYC to visit. Saving this blog for when I get to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic...I am jealous all that food and an Ice Cream Museum how wonderful...It is on my list of places to see definitely...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you rocked New York! So many fun things to do inspired by TikTok. Who would've guessed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Pink Stork Fertility & Pregnancy Routine!

  If you know me, you know I absolutely LOVE Pink Stork! I discovered Pink Stork when I was in the hospital having Hudson. I was researching a postnatal, and saw a friend share them and the pink everything immediately caught my eye!  With my previous two boys, I always finished whatever prenatal vitamins I had leftover after pregnancy. This time I decided to try a postnatal, and I am SO glad I did! I clicked on the Total Postnatal on the website and immediately read the reviews, and knew this was the product for me! To this day, it is still my favorite Pink Stork product, as it changed my postpartum period for the better, tremendously! I was so amazed how much better I felt, and how much quicker I healed after my third delivery! From that day forward, I was hooked on Pink Stork, and when Hudson turned a year old I got the opportunity to work for them, which has been the biggest blessing! I often get asked what supplements I am taking, so I wanted to share for anyone who is interested!

Savannah GA

 One of my FAVORITE places to visit with my husband and friends is Savannah, Georgia! We get to visit about once a year and it is always so much fun! If you ever get to visit, you must check out some of my favorite places to eat + shop! Every single time I've been for a visit, at some point in the trip, we have eaten lunch or dinner at Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons Restaurant. I am a country girl who loves home-cooked meals, and this is just that! It's a must to order the fried chicken, and you can't eat there without the cheddar biscuits and OOEY GOOEY BUTTER CAKE! Just thinking of it makes me hungry! Prior to Covid it was a buffet, now it is still buffet style but you pick your options and they bring them out and keep refilling throughout your meal! If you are looking for a good brunch spot, Goose Feathers Cafe' & Bakery is a great option! We tend to beat the crowd and order it to go so we can enjoy it without the long wait!  The first ever Mellow Mushroom