Skip to main content

*Party Queen*

I always seem to find myself planning the next party, anyone else? ;)
I was raised in a family where we celebrate every birthday and holiday, no matter how big or small, and for that I am forever grateful! We only get ONE life to live, so why not celebrate the milestones and victories? I know big celebrations aren't for everybody, and that's ok. If you know me, you know there is always something in the works!
Growing up my Mom threw the best birthday parties for my brother and I, and now as a Mom of three, I get to do the same for mine and I absolutely LOVE it! The best thing about parties and celebrations is having a reason to get family and friends together and enjoy each other's presence. This presence is better than any present. Life gets so extremely busy, and we deserve time to slow down and enjoy one another! I am quickly learning how fast children grow up, and I want to celebrate every year with my boys, and that's exactly what I plan on doing!
Having three boys I have done almost every "boy" theme party you can think of! Cayden's birthday is in October, Coby's June & Huddy's is in January, so I get to do their parties in all seasons, which is fun!
Several years ago a few of my best friends and I decided to throw an annual ladies Christmas party, and this year we just celebrated year seven! It's one of my favorite night's of the year, and it has grown so much over the years, I love to look back on the awesome memories!

I wanted to share how I plan my parties!

1) Choose a theme
I love this part! I let the boys choose a theme, and let the fun begin! The first place I start with is Pinterest. There is almost always ideas for every theme, and if there isn't anything for my specific theme (sometimes I like to do out-of-the-box themes) I look for similiar ideas to get my creative juices flowing! Once I have the theme I find a cute graphic and make the event invite on Facebook,I can't remember the last time I purchased a physical invitation. However, if I send invites for the boys and do not know or have their parents on social media, I print a little something for them to pass out to them at school. 

 2) Food & Refreshments
After choosing the date for the party, I pick the time and this helps determine the food and refreshments I plan on serving. After many years and parties I have learned everyone loves to eat, but nine times out of ten, the adults who attend are more interested in the food than the kids, as they are way too busy enjoying themselves to actually stop and take the time to eat. Easy food like chips and pizza is always a hit, and there are many cute snack ideas for every party theme! I always do a cake and then some other kind of sweet treat of a different flavor so that there is something for everyone!
3) See what you already have + start shopping early

After throwing so many parties, I decided to keep the things I use at every party to save on costs and cut down on waste. I purchased glass vases in the floral aisle at the dollar tree years ago and I use them at nearly every party. Larger mason jars work great as well! They make for perfect + easy centerpieces! Just fill them with shredded crinkle paper or tissue paper and throw in some centerpiece sticks and you have a cute centerpiece to add to your tables! I also purchase tablecloths from the Dollar Tree because they are the cheapest.
I purchased a letter board a few years back, and I use this for nearly every event! Now you can purchase these on Amazon, or they are available at nearly every store these days!
I like using the WordSwag App on my Iphone to create images that match the theme and I print them using the Walgreens photo app and stick them in photo frames!
4) Party Favors
One of my favorite things to look for when throwing a party, is the party favors! My go to favors, are the cutest doughies from Doughie Jax & Candy Tubes from One Fine Party! These are always a huge hit! Both of these business owners customize them to my party theme and I am always pleased with how they turn out!
5) BALLOONS
Balloons add so much to a party, and they are cheap! If you haven't already, check out my sweet friend Nancy's Balloon shop on Etsy, Girly Gifts Balloon Shop! She has every color balloon you could think of, banners, and if you need help putting something together she is always so helpful!
6) Photo Area
Of course you have to have pictures of your party memories to look back on! One of my favorite parts of throwing a party is a photo area! I usually purchase the tinsel foil fringe curtains on Amazon and then decorate the area with balloons and encourage guests to take pictures and send them to me! I truly enjoy throwing parties, and I look forward to hosting many more!

Stay tuned to see what party I throw next!!!


 Links to shop:
 
One Fine Party
 https://www.etsy.com/shop/OneFineParty?ref=yr_purchases 

 Girly Gifts Balloon Shop 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/girlygifts07?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=582120725 

 Doughie Jax
 https://doughiejax.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pink Stork Fertility & Pregnancy Routine!

  If you know me, you know I absolutely LOVE Pink Stork! I discovered Pink Stork when I was in the hospital having Hudson. I was researching a postnatal, and saw a friend share them and the pink everything immediately caught my eye!  With my previous two boys, I always finished whatever prenatal vitamins I had leftover after pregnancy. This time I decided to try a postnatal, and I am SO glad I did! I clicked on the Total Postnatal on the website and immediately read the reviews, and knew this was the product for me! To this day, it is still my favorite Pink Stork product, as it changed my postpartum period for the better, tremendously! I was so amazed how much better I felt, and how much quicker I healed after my third delivery! From that day forward, I was hooked on Pink Stork, and when Hudson turned a year old I got the opportunity to work for them, which has been the biggest blessing! I often get asked what supplements I am taking, so I wanted to share for anyone who is interested!

New York City

 If you know me, you know I LOVE to travel! One of my favorite cities to visit, is New York City! My Mom, brother and I decided on a last minute weekend trip, and it was the absolute best weekend ever! One thing I love about the big apple, is that there is SO much to do! There's every great restaurant you can think of, Broadway shows, entertainment and more! When I travel to other places I like to eat all the things, and always try to make a list of things I want to accomplish while I am there! In my opinion, a weekend in New York is a perfect way to see and do many different things, you just need to plan it out! Pinterest is my go-to! I made a list of things I wanted to make sure we did, and to my surprise, we knocked out everything on the list! This trip we stayed at Dream Midtown, which is conveniently located walking distance to most of the things we wanted to do. For things that were further away, we just took an Uber! Inside the hotel there is the  PHD Terrace at Dream Midtow

Savannah GA

 One of my FAVORITE places to visit with my husband and friends is Savannah, Georgia! We get to visit about once a year and it is always so much fun! If you ever get to visit, you must check out some of my favorite places to eat + shop! Every single time I've been for a visit, at some point in the trip, we have eaten lunch or dinner at Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons Restaurant. I am a country girl who loves home-cooked meals, and this is just that! It's a must to order the fried chicken, and you can't eat there without the cheddar biscuits and OOEY GOOEY BUTTER CAKE! Just thinking of it makes me hungry! Prior to Covid it was a buffet, now it is still buffet style but you pick your options and they bring them out and keep refilling throughout your meal! If you are looking for a good brunch spot, Goose Feathers Cafe' & Bakery is a great option! We tend to beat the crowd and order it to go so we can enjoy it without the long wait!  The first ever Mellow Mushroom